Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This is what post 25 feels like

So apparently... at some point I became a little bit more of an adult.

My feelings were correct. My longest relationship has come to an end. The thing I've come to realize over the last 2 days since it happened are that it's NOT the end of the world. This revelation is far more significant considering that my last serious relationship's breakup sent me into this nearly yearlong spiral of being bummed out and isolated.

This time... I think it might be the first legitimately amicable breakup I've ever had. Please don't read anything into what this might say about me. O:) Because the more I have thought about it... what do I honestly have to be sad about? The time that I had with him was good (not perfect by any stretch of the imagination) and I don't regret any of it. I'm disappointed that things didn't work out because I did really like a lot of things about him. I'm hesitant to say I have really loved anyone I've been with in a relationship because I don't feel like I've ever been hit by a big love anvil and WOW this person is perfect and amazing blah blah.. According to him, he wants to be friends still and I can live with that. I think that in this case, the breakup might actually be a positive thing, because if it really wasn't going to work for him then it's good that we didn't spend any more time lying to ourselves that it was working.

So I guess the part that is surprising me is how accepting I am of the fact that our relationship is over and my world isn't. The reality is that I'm still just the same as I was before him as I am now. I'm still amazing. :) Of course, ask me again about this in a couple of days and I'll see how I feel. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment