Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lazer Blog-inal Rejuvenation

So eventually, my best friend's badgering has won. Here I am, starting a new blog eight years after I had started one way back in high school. Back then, the word blog was definitely not in my vocabulary. I joined Livejournal.com as more of a social network, and because let's be honest, I'm a bit of a voyeur. I'm pretty addicted to knowing what is going on not with just my life, but everyone else's as well. Fast forward past Friendster, OKCupid, Myspace, around 20 seconds on Twitter before I got tired of reading about Solange and her kid, the timesucking monstrosity known as Facebook, and here I am again.

I guess it seems simpler to blog for me. I'm out of practice and I don't know that anything that I write will be of any interest, but I think that it is time that I start stretching my writing muscles again. According to my best friend, there is a lot that I keep bottled inside that needs to go somewhere, so this will apparently be it.

So, building off that point, I am reflecting a bit on moving to Arizona. I have no idea how things would be if I stayed in Nashville, but I don't regret the move for a second. I have a great job and the opportunity to move up within the company, as well as the chance to further my education (slowly, but it's getting done) that I know I wouldn't have had otherwise. I really enjoy what I am doing and I definitely don't dread going to work every day! I think that if my best friend were not here, I don't know that I could say that I would be in the place I am right now. I think that the last 3 years in Arizona have put me through a lot of personal growth. This year especially has shown me that I can accomplish a lot, but I still need to move past a few things. Within the next year, I am going to achieve some really exciting changes to move my life further in a positive direction.

It's just weird writing about myself - I am used to talking about it, but writing is a whole other beast.

Anyways, not every post will be crap about my personal life - in fact hopefully that is kept to a minimum. I do hope to post about the things I enjoy - probably lots of my opinion on current events, and especially my favorite things - music, comic books, and TV.

So thanks for joining me - let's see where it goes!

2 comments:

  1. shutties...no, wait...up shut!
    this was a good way to begin your new blog. i'm excited. and jealous...
    i need to say something a little more personal (isnt that a simpson title or something?)
    but yeah... blog on biffs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you are thinking Lindsay - remember, that's the song where it has the gay at the beginning that's like "I don't think you should use it!" and I always secretly liked that part.

    ReplyDelete